Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go to Martha Stewart’s home for a Holiday gathering? I have listened to her radio show salivating as she describes the gorgeous tapas, meal, decor, and gifts she will be presenting to her guests without even breaking a sweat.
You can Holiday Entertain like a pro by following a few simple tips.
- Pick a theme and stick to it. Whether it is country, whimsical, traditional, or whatever – stick to the chosen theme from invitations, decor, thank you gifts, etc. This provides consistency throughout the event.
- Send your invites at least 6 weeks before your holiday gathering. There are many competing priorities this time of year and you want to give your guests the lead time to commit to yours.
- Plan everything. Your decor, map your place settings, set your menu and beverages, decide the flow of the event from arrival to departure. The more effort you put into the planning, the more
polished and less stressful your holiday event will be.
- Have appropriate Holiday background music playing during your gathering. It really helps to set up the ambiance.
- If you are preparing any of the food or beverages, choose items you are confident making. Also have a designated individual assigned to entertaining guests if you need to make trips to the kitchen. You may want to consider hiring a catering company depending on your budget.
- Have fun! There is nothing that ruins a Holiday gathering faster than a stressed, grumpy host who is barely visiting and stuck in the kitchen the whole time. You need helpers! Even Martha has helpers!
- Say “Thank you and Happy Holidays!” with a small token and kind words as your guests are leaving. Important note: If you have been serving alcohol, ensure there is a designated driver who has not been drinking or call your guests a cab. It is the right thing to do-always!
You too can Holiday Entertain like “Martha”.
Join us at our Holiday Entertaining Workshop where we will have fun learning tips and tricks, making Holiday Wreaths and Centerpieces, and of course eating and drinking plenty of Holiday themed treats! We look forward to having a fun afternoon with you, friends, and family.
Book your spot today as there is limited space and registration deadline is November 2, 2016.
Holiday Entertaining Workshop.
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2016
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: Lake Summerside Beach Club
1720 – 88 Street SW, Edmonton
Register today by calling 780 – 497-7558